Monday, December 01, 2008
My Groupmates from Hell Pt 1
We have this presentation on STI services which requires group work.
I've worked in numerous groups before, so far only had 1 bad experience. Well, after this, that makes it 2.
You see, I have the honour to work with 1 fellow classmate whom I've known for 4 years, 1 Thai girl and 2 Hong Kees. 1 of the Hong Kees actually had a reputation for not turning up for meetings, being irresponsible and etc. The other one, I just had a bad feeling about her.
Anyway, I love working with new people. New ideas, new styles of dealing with situations, and who knows you might get a new friend. Seriously, you can learn hell loads from your partners. Well, that is if you get excellent members. For my case, you guessed it. Here's why.
Let's just label these few people as:
H- My 4-year buddy
V- Thai girl
N- Hong Kee 1
K- Bad feeling Hong Kee 2
The First Meeting
V was missing, but informed that she will come as soon as she's available. This meeting was initiated by K. I don't understand why we can't change the time where everyone will be convenient. After all, it's the first meeting where you get things sorted. Just as I was wondering how do we sort things out, I realized that the supposed leader, K (since she initiated this meeting) have very limited vocabulary.
"So how.... HOW?? HOW??? HOW??? I don't know..."
Gosh, that was the start of my nightmare. Ideas given not solid... Not only that, how are you supposed to vomit things out if none of us are prepared?

The meeting ended by dividing references to read. I forsee a stormy, rough sea ahead.
The Second Meeting
It was the day we have to hand in another assignment too. First 30 mins, N went missing. We couldn't be bothered to wait for her. Who knows whether she turns up. The "discussion" turned out to be me and H contributing ideas. I seriously don't know what the other 2 found from their references. K printed out this single sheet of stuff, and said: "Oh I found this and I think it might be useful". But throughout the discussion, only me and H were the ones who made the broth. K never utter a single word from her reference and so-called "useful" information. Ideas given, again without research cannot be used.
V was a bit quiet, but at least the ideas she gave was constructive. I can see that she tried very hard, unlike K who only knows to talk a lot.
30 mins later, N turned up. We have to yell at her across the room because apparently we were invisible. *Poof* we are visible again! Hooray!
So continue discussion. N's ideas. I wouldn't say they are bad, but we need implementable ideas. Hers will work in an ideal world where money is like free, flowing water. Not in this world though.
Anyway, N was like a ghost.

She appeared, and disappeared. Again and again. And whenever she budges in, it's always the ideas which we've already discussed about. I wouldn't say she made a significant contribution.
It didn't took us long to find out the reason for her ghostly presence.
She was doing the assignment meant to pass up today.
Time of note: 1600
Due time: 1700
Gosh. To make things worse, K wasn't helping either. She was obsessed with changing the powerpoint slides background.
*click click*
Not like she's creating a background also. I can imagine what type of background she can create with Photoshop.
I think she is a very smart girl. Smart as in good in taking advantage of people. She pretended to be very busy, but H and me can tell that she did pretty much nothing.
Oh actually she did something. By being a spoilt tape recorder.
Geez I hate these type of people. She should be slapped before thrown into the longkang. She was supposed to cover H's topic as well, but nothing much came out from her mouth. I can see that she is making cows with clouds. H was quite pissed, kept quiet after seeing how unequal our contributions became.
We sort of divided the task in the meeting again. 2 teams: Me and H, V and K. I can tell that V did much of the work. K was just moaning as usual.

N? Missing.
We finished discussing + doing the slides within 3 hours. I think we are the few groups who managed to finish at such speed. Not bad.
As for N, she disappeared for 30 mins after 17:00. Why? To hand in her report. Another problematic one. She left us without telling, goodness knows what took her so long to hand in a report which was only 5 mins away.
She came back, and by the time she abandoned her "ghost" form, we were almost done with the slides. She just kept interrupting at wrong times and expect other people to comply with her needs. I got quite fed up with her interruptions so I just asked her to not disturb me while I finish my final bit for the presentation. Harsh, but I hate people disturbing my thoughts.
Ok so everyone was tired and we finally finished. V prefer to finish her part at home, so K was supposed to compile V's part before sending to all of us. She said she will send it over the weekend. Great. Task done. Well at least the basic part. We agreed to meet the following Monday during our break between lectures.
I've worked in numerous groups before, so far only had 1 bad experience. Well, after this, that makes it 2.
You see, I have the honour to work with 1 fellow classmate whom I've known for 4 years, 1 Thai girl and 2 Hong Kees. 1 of the Hong Kees actually had a reputation for not turning up for meetings, being irresponsible and etc. The other one, I just had a bad feeling about her.
Anyway, I love working with new people. New ideas, new styles of dealing with situations, and who knows you might get a new friend. Seriously, you can learn hell loads from your partners. Well, that is if you get excellent members. For my case, you guessed it. Here's why.
Let's just label these few people as:
H- My 4-year buddy
V- Thai girl
N- Hong Kee 1
K- Bad feeling Hong Kee 2
The First Meeting
V was missing, but informed that she will come as soon as she's available. This meeting was initiated by K. I don't understand why we can't change the time where everyone will be convenient. After all, it's the first meeting where you get things sorted. Just as I was wondering how do we sort things out, I realized that the supposed leader, K (since she initiated this meeting) have very limited vocabulary.
"So how.... HOW?? HOW??? HOW??? I don't know..."
Gosh, that was the start of my nightmare. Ideas given not solid... Not only that, how are you supposed to vomit things out if none of us are prepared?

The meeting ended by dividing references to read. I forsee a stormy, rough sea ahead.
The Second Meeting
It was the day we have to hand in another assignment too. First 30 mins, N went missing. We couldn't be bothered to wait for her. Who knows whether she turns up. The "discussion" turned out to be me and H contributing ideas. I seriously don't know what the other 2 found from their references. K printed out this single sheet of stuff, and said: "Oh I found this and I think it might be useful". But throughout the discussion, only me and H were the ones who made the broth. K never utter a single word from her reference and so-called "useful" information. Ideas given, again without research cannot be used.
V was a bit quiet, but at least the ideas she gave was constructive. I can see that she tried very hard, unlike K who only knows to talk a lot.
30 mins later, N turned up. We have to yell at her across the room because apparently we were invisible. *Poof* we are visible again! Hooray!
So continue discussion. N's ideas. I wouldn't say they are bad, but we need implementable ideas. Hers will work in an ideal world where money is like free, flowing water. Not in this world though.
Anyway, N was like a ghost.

She appeared, and disappeared. Again and again. And whenever she budges in, it's always the ideas which we've already discussed about. I wouldn't say she made a significant contribution.
It didn't took us long to find out the reason for her ghostly presence.
She was doing the assignment meant to pass up today.
Time of note: 1600
Due time: 1700
Gosh. To make things worse, K wasn't helping either. She was obsessed with changing the powerpoint slides background.
*click click*
Not like she's creating a background also. I can imagine what type of background she can create with Photoshop.
I think she is a very smart girl. Smart as in good in taking advantage of people. She pretended to be very busy, but H and me can tell that she did pretty much nothing.
Oh actually she did something. By being a spoilt tape recorder.
Geez I hate these type of people. She should be slapped before thrown into the longkang. She was supposed to cover H's topic as well, but nothing much came out from her mouth. I can see that she is making cows with clouds. H was quite pissed, kept quiet after seeing how unequal our contributions became.
We sort of divided the task in the meeting again. 2 teams: Me and H, V and K. I can tell that V did much of the work. K was just moaning as usual.

N? Missing.
We finished discussing + doing the slides within 3 hours. I think we are the few groups who managed to finish at such speed. Not bad.
As for N, she disappeared for 30 mins after 17:00. Why? To hand in her report. Another problematic one. She left us without telling, goodness knows what took her so long to hand in a report which was only 5 mins away.
She came back, and by the time she abandoned her "ghost" form, we were almost done with the slides. She just kept interrupting at wrong times and expect other people to comply with her needs. I got quite fed up with her interruptions so I just asked her to not disturb me while I finish my final bit for the presentation. Harsh, but I hate people disturbing my thoughts.
Ok so everyone was tired and we finally finished. V prefer to finish her part at home, so K was supposed to compile V's part before sending to all of us. She said she will send it over the weekend. Great. Task done. Well at least the basic part. We agreed to meet the following Monday during our break between lectures.
Labels: life
Akistar the Murdererあきのほし left a death note at 10:18 PM
my kaki ordered 1 roti naan(s) garlic cheese
my kaki ordered 1 roti naan(s) garlic cheese


