Wednesday, August 29, 2007
The end of the beginning
Actually, I do have loads of stuff to write. But I’m always tired after work and I prefer to laze around watching TV rather than blogging. Haha so that is why this blog is dead for approx 8 weeks, which is the duration of my placement. I shall promise my dear readers (if they haven’t gave up) a string of entries regarding my experiences in
Ok I have a confession. The real reason behind my absence in the blogosphere is that I was too busy with the Edinburgh Fringe!!!
Well that’s another blog entry. :-P
***WARNING: POTENTIAL BORING CONTENT AHEAD***
Speaking of my placement, it was quite interesting for me and definitely changed my career options. I am fortunate enough to shadow few of the top pharmacists, go to other stores to observe services which I can’t get it in my store, and I have a lovely lot of staff supporting me. I did my placement in a big store, probably the size of one floor of 1U’s JUSCO.
And because it is a big store, they have many staff. I must admit that I have a hard time remembering names, even until now. I only recognize half of them, spoken to half of those whom I can recognize, remember half of the names of those I’ve spoken to, and chat with half of those whom I can remember their names. This shows how anti-social I am. Hahahaha. The time I get to mingle with other people is during my unusual one and only lunch break everyday. But, I don’t watch Big Brother and I don’t drink, so there is much less topics to talk about. I think it is more of a cultural gap and sometimes they just speak too fast. That’s the time when I just smile and nod. Or grab some reading material on the desk and start reading. hehe
I remember on the review day, we were supposed to reflect about our placement and answer these questions:
- What did you enjoyed most from your placement?
- What did you least enjoyed?
- Did the placement change you?
Hmmm…. Tricky, aye? Well, because it was a serious affair, I gave serious answers.
Actually, I was very tempted to write these:
- What did you enjoyed most from your placement?
$$$ and staff discounts! (Seriously they get really good discounts)
- What did you least enjoyed?
Cannot extend my work. I want more $$$ to shop… sob sob…
I’ve spent more money and earn more loyalty card points. haha
I shall not write more about my work here just in case some high rank people come across my blog. Same for the pictures. Shall post it on facebook. Those who don’t have facebook, go get one!
Till then, baa woof!
my kaki ordered 0 roti naan(s) garlic cheese