Monday, October 09, 2006
Of lanterns, mooncakes and makan!
Since I don't have the pictures of the first celebration yet, I shall blog about the 2nd celebration first coz no pictures were taken. Venue= TTS5, the very green house.
I didn’t plan to go to this party. It was too sudden. Eddie invited me and Joy that morning itself via sms. Ok not so sudden lar. I have a confession to make. I actually knew this party from Pin a night before Eddie told me. Haha I can understand la why he didn’t tell me, it’s the chain reaction rule (refer next post). I think he called me and Joy because a lot of people cannot make it last minute and the food might be wasted. Ok I shouldn’t make you all feel bad. Thanks for inviting us anyway and make us more social. Joy was too lazy to go and since I failed to persuade her, I went there alone instead.
Party was supposed to start at 6, but Li-Ann made me come at 5pm. Apparently, she wants to cycle around TTS. So I went there and waited stupidly for 1 hour. While waiting, Eddie and Chi Ming entertained me with PS2. I got bored with the fighting game within minutes. But after a while, I started to get a hang of it. My favourite character is the Gingerbread Man (I think only Chi Ming will understand lol)!!! I really pity Chi Ming and Eddie, have to accompany a lauya beginner play PS2. So sian! Anyway, Li-Ann came at 6pm sharp. And we didn’t go cycling because of the haze. Kill the haze! We played PS2 instead.
At approx 7.30pm, the guests arrived. And we can finally buka puasa. Oh I met another person called Yu Ming and Eilyn's friend which I already forgot her name. Hopefully I can remember their faces. If not they will become another Handoyo (ask Pin about my sem 1 ‘every engineer is Handoyo’ incident). The food was really good thanks to Chef Eddie, Wilson, Chi Ming and Douglas. Li-Ann was supposed to help to cook the sausages, but then in the end she helped to eat the sausages. As usual lar, auntie FLA. After that, we continued our PS2 session and played UNO. The UNO game was interesting. Initially,
I think the food wasn’t enough for the guys, so we went mamak at ‘23 Jam’ (for some reason, Eddie keeps calling it its original name instead of the conventional ‘23 Jam’. That confuses me)
That’s the end of my 2nd mooncake festival story. Coming soon... the 1st mooncake festival story.
my kaki ordered 0 roti naan(s) garlic cheese